WE NOW HAVE COVID-19 TESTING
- All new residents and returning residents will require a negative covid-19 test prior to coming to Grand Villa regardless of symptoms.
- All current and new staff will be tested for covid-19 regardless of symptoms.
- Testing is administered by Grand Villa or third party providers.
Grand Villa is committed to keeping our residents and employees protected from the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). This virus is highly contagious and we are taking the following necessary precautions, including:
COVID-19 Testing – Grand Villa has secured an independent lab to provide COVID-19 test kits.
- All new residents are COVID-19 tested a minimum of 2 times, once prior to move-in and a second time on the day after move-in.
- All existing residents are COVID-19 tested upon returning from a hospital, nursing home, rehabilitation facility or other health care facilities.
- All existing residents are COVID-19 tested upon symptom development.
- All existing assisted living residents may be COVID-19 tested randomly.
- All existing memory care residents are COVID-19 tested weekly.
- All new staff members are COVID-19 tested prior to start date.
- All existing staff members have been COVID-19 tested.
- All existing staff members are COVID-19 tested upon symptom development.
- All existing staff are COVID-19 tested every 2 weeks.
Health and Wellness Screening
- All staff members will receive a Health and Wellness screening upon entering the community prior to starting their shift, this includes an in-depth questionnaire and temperature checks.
- All staff members will have their temperature taken 3 times per shift.
- Staff members are not allowed to enter the community if they have any signs or symptoms of illness.
- All residents will have their temperature taken 1 time per day.
- All residents will be monitored throughout the day for any signs or symptoms of illness.
- All 3rd party health care providers will receive a Health and Wellness screening upon entering the community, this includes an in-depth questionnaire and temperature checks.
- All staff members are required to wear a mask at all times.
- All staff members are required to use gloves, wash hands and use hand sanitizer while delivering resident care.
- All residents will be provided a mask, hand sanitizer and literature on how to protect themselves for potential infection.
- All residents are requested to wear masks while outside their apartments and are required to wear them while receiving care from staff.
Adequate Supplies on Hand
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – Masks, Gloves, and Eye Protection.
- Hand sanitizer for staff, residents and visitors.
- Resident medication.
- Personal hygiene supplies - shampoo, soap, body wash, deodorant, hand sanitizer, mouthwash, toothpaste, shaving supplies, disposable wipes and undergarments.
- Food, beverages, snacks and supplies.
Infection Control Procedures
- Accelerated cleaning schedule of the community including disinfecting all high touch surfaces routinely.
- All cleaning chemicals meet the CDC recommended requirements.
- Additional staff training on infection control policies.
During these difficult times, please know we are here to help guide you through making the best decisions for your loved one. We are committed to providing you with all the necessary information, including virtual tours, while maintaining the physical distancing guidelines.
At Grand Villa our doors and arms are open to you. If you need a place for yourself or a loved one please give us a call.
WHY IS IT STILL A GOOD TIME TO CHOOSE SENIOR LIVING?
In these days of uncertainty, potential exposure to COVID-19 is a common concern. So why choose Senior Living instead of staying at home? The following questions are provided to demonstrate the benefits of senior living. You can put your mind at ease knowing that Grand Villa is still here to help.
If you can't answer yes to all of the following questions, then senior living is a very viable option.
- Are all visitors, health care aides, and repair staff screened for illness before entering your home?
- Are all visitors, health care aides and repair staff required to wear face masks and other protective gear while in your home?
- Are groceries, sundries, personal hygiene supplies, medications and other supplies delivered directly to your home for free?
- Do you have someone to fill up your car with gas or provide transportation to medical appointments?
- Does a qualified health care professional monitor you for signs and symptoms of illness or COVID-19?
- Does your physician routinely come directly to your home for medical appointments?
- Does someone order your medications and are they delivered to directly to your home?
- Is your home regularly cleaned and sanitized/disinfected?
- Do you have a professional monitoring and providing updates on the COVID-19 crisis?
- Does your family receive updates on your health and wellness?
- Do you have an emergency call system in your home?
- Are you able to enjoy socialization with others?
- Are you able to communicate with friends and family with the use of technology?
- Does your family receive photos and direct communication on Facebook or other social media platforms?
- Do you have someone to talk to whenever you want?
- Do you have a sense of freedom and independence supported by a team of professional caregivers?
- Do you have someone who provides regular activities, exercise and good old fashion fun?
Grand Villa provides all the above, plus much more!
Is Grand Villa offering tours at this time?
Yes. Due to the states no visitation policy and in an effort to prevent physical contact, Grand Villa is providing virtual tours. Please contact the community you are interested in to receive further information regarding the virtual tours.
Is Grand Villa admitting new residents at this time?
Yes. Please contact the community you are interested in to receive further information regarding the admission of new residents.
HOW WE ARE KEEPING OUR RESIDENTS SOCIALLY ENGAGED
Separate But Together
Grand Villa’s SBT Program, centers around “your room – your retreat”... where you can enjoy personalized guest services delivered right to your doorstep, while not sacrificing important social interaction.
Our SBT Program, brings a Block Party right to your hallway. It turns your hallway into a social hub filled with activities such as:
What our families are saying about our Covid-19 response
“Thank you for your hard work and concern for our family members. We will support and assist all your decisions and needs. Just let us know how we can help. Thanks, Bob.”
“Thank you for your email and for doing an amazing job of trying to keep yourself, staff and residents and our loved ones healthy and safe. It must be overwhelming but I just want to let you know how much I appreciate everyone’s hard work and dedication, especially at this difficult time.”– Barbara S.
“Thank you very much for taking all the precautions necessary and making sure my Mom, Bernice M., feels cared for! Tough times for sure and I know all of you are doing everything possible to ensure everyone’s best interest! Please be safe and take care!!!” – Wen W.
“I don’t want to miss this opportunity to voice my appreciation to the management, staff, aides, servers, drivers, household and laundry who have provided me with care and kindness. I thank you all for caring for me at this time of extreme crisis and helping to make my life safer. You have my love, thanks and appreciation.” – Toby S., Resident
“Thank you for all you do for my mom and aunt. This has to be such a stressful and scary time for you at work. We really appreciate your compassion and dedication and we’re so grateful to you and the entire staff. Thanks again!” – Gilda